Come ride with us! Be the Pedal Post!
There will be three portions of the Pedal Post Ride, and we welcome your participation on either of them. Ride 1 is a Family Friendly ride along the Huckleberry Trail on Saturday April 20 to deliver letters to the Delegate Chris Hurst, the Blacksburg Town Council, and the Montgomery County Board of Supervisors. Ride 2 is a ride to deliver letters to State Senator John Edwards, Senator Tim Kaine, and Senator Mark Warner Roanoke on Monday April 22. Ride 3 is a ride to Christiansburg a week later to deliver letters to Delegate Nick Rush and Congressman Morgan Griffith.
Brief ride descriptions and approximate route maps are below. The routes are subject to change.
Riders will need to sign a waiver (please check back; waiver will be present day of event).
Ride 1: Family Friendly Huckleberry Trail ride, Blacksburg to Christiansburg
- Saturday April 20, 12:30 PM at the Blacksburg Public Library
- (Optional) Meet us at 12:00 PM at the Blacksburg Farmers Market to deliver letters to the Mayor, Town Council, and Delegate Chris Hurst.
- Ride from Blacksburg Library to the Coal Mining Heritage Park (Merrimac) and back
- Letter delivery to the Montgomery County Board of Supervisors will take place at the Coal Mining Heritage Park at approximately 1:30 PM.
- This ride will be entirely on the Huckleberry Trail, away from car traffic. The pace will be set to accommodate everyone who wishes to join us. Please bring snacks and drinks.
- Distance approximately 10 miles round trip – we also welcome those who might wish to turn around earlier to join us for part of the trip.
- RSVPing is appreciated but not necessary
Ride 2: Blacksburg to Roanoke letter delivery
- Monday April 22, 8:00 AM
- Ride from Blacksburg Library to Roanoke to the offices of Mark Warner (US Senate), Tim Kaine (US Senate), and John Edwards (VA Senate), then returning to Blacksburg
- This ride is long, has a moderately fast pace, and will be on a variety of road types.
- Distance is approximately 80 miles round trip.
- RSVP by April 19 if you wish to participate.
Ride 3: Christiansburg letter delivery
- Tuesday April 29. We have not finalized route schedule. Please check back.
- Ride from Blacksburg to the offices of Morgan Griffith (US Congress) and Nick Rush (VA Delegate), then returning to Blacksburg.
- This ride will be on Christiansburg streets, but will avoid Business 460, staying on smaller roads as much as possible. This ride is only for those comfortable with sharing the road with cars and other traffic.
- Distance is approximately 20 miles round trip.
- RSVP by April 26 if you wish to participate.