Thank you for interest in using the Earth Day Pedal Post to write our representatives!
This page includes everything that you need to get started on your letter:
- Potential letter templates to get you started on your letter (template is NOT required)
- A list of elected government representatives who are receiving Pedal Post letters
- Letter requirements
Please submit your Pedal Post letters by Thursday, April 18th, 2019.
The Pedal Post will not read the content of your letter. We ask that you are constructive and courteous in your comments. Thank you.
To write letters for the Earth Day Pedal Post, choose one of the templates provided below, or get creative and make your own format.
Blacksburg Mayor: Leslie Hager-Smith
Blacksburg Town Council: Susan Anderson, John Bush, Lauren Colliver, Jerry Ford, Susan Mattingly, Michael Sutphin
Montgomery County Board of Supervisors: Sara Bohn, Chris Tuck, Steve Fijalkowski, Todd King, Darrell Sheppard, Mary Biggs, and April DeMotts
VA House of Delegates: Chris Hurst and Nick Rush
VA State Senate: John Edwards
US House of Representatives: Morgan Griffith
US Senate: Mark Warner and Tim Kaine
We ask that all letters include the following information:
- Letters must include sufficient information to deliver and for the representatives to reply. Please include the following on your letter and the envelope (if applicable)
- Your name and mailing address
- The name and position of the government representative who should receive your letter (please see the list of participating government representatives below)
- A discussion of an environmental issue that is of particular concern to you, your business, or your organization. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- Natural resource protection
- Climate change
- Single-use plastics
- Energy efficiency
- Renewable energy (e.g., solar, wind)
- Water quality
- Environmental justice
- Electric vehicles
- Alternative transportation
- The Mountain Valley Pipeline
- Each letter should fold flat and weigh 1 oz or less (similar to a USPS first class letter).
- Please submit your Pedal Post letters by Thursday, April 18th, 2019.
Please note that the Pedal Post will not read the content of your letter. We ask that you are constructive and courteous in your comments.